Most people don’t know that cleaning a carpet can also be dangerous
That is why you really need to be careful when doing it. Because it requires a deep cleaning, there are cleaning chemicals that are hazardous to the health especially babies. They are made from different materials that is why there is a specific chemical or solvent assigned to each of them in removing stain, dirt, and smell.
It is important to know the specific chemicals that are being used for cleaning it because there is a big potential to damage your carpet. Take time to research all the ingredients in the carpet cleaning products that you usually use in your home. You have to make sure that the chemicals that you are using are safe for you and your environment especially when you have a baby. Most of the cleaning products contain perchloroethylene. This is a dry cleaning chemical that can cause nausea, fatigue, and dizziness. Aside from that, naphthalene is another most commonly used solvent which dissolves dirt in the carpets. It is considered dangerous to our nervous system and it can also cause cancer. Butyloxy ethanol is another solvent which can cause damage to the kidney and liver. These chemicals are not only dangerous to our health but also to the environment. One must also consider that it is best if you call for the help of Carpet Cleaning in Laguna Hills
However, there are ways to protect yourself from the danger of cleaning your own carpet:
- Always wear gloves because corrosive chemicals can damage your skin and leave scars.
- Always wear goggles to protect your eyes because corrosive chemicals can blind you in seconds.
- Be sure that your work area has enough ventilation because there are poisonous chemicals that are easily inhaled.
- Mixing different cleaning products can create poisonous chemicals. Try to avoid it.
- As much as possible, use a non-toxic cleaning product.
- When buying your own cleaning product, read the label and follow the given directions carefully.